Here is a recipe idea that uses some seasonal vegetables!
*Adapted from marthastewart.com
Roasted Vegetable and Arugula Salad
For the Salad:
- 4 medium beets, peeled and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 shallots, peeled and halved
- 4 medium parsnips, peeled and cut into thick matchsticks
- 6 carrots, peeled and cut into thick matchsticks
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 6 cups arugula
- ¼ cup goat cheese
For the Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons of sweet apple cider
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced shallot
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Roast the vegetables: place the beets on a parchment-lined baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Wrap in foil and bake for roughly 45 minutes, or until tender. Allow beets to cool and set aside.
- Toss peeled shallots, parsnips, carrots, and rosemary in a large bowl with remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil, then season with salt and pepper. Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast until tender and golden, turning vegetables over once, about 30 minutes. Transfer into a large bowl; set aside.
- Make the apple cider vinaigrette: combine apple cider, mustard, shallots, ½ tsp salt, and ¼ tsp pepper in a bowl and whisk to combine. Whisking constantly, add olive oil in a slow, steady stream until oil is incorporated and mixture is emulsified.
- Wash and dry arugula, then place in a bowl.
- Toss parsnips, carrots, and shallots with 2 tbsp vinaigrette. Toss beets separately with 1 tbsp vinaigrette to prevent their colour from bleeding. Toss arugula with remainder of vinaigrette.
- Combined arugula and roasted vegetables in a large bowl. Top with crumbled goat cheese and enjoy immediately.