Endorsement of a food charter will demonstrate support for the connected efforts required to realize the shared vision of a healthy, sustainable food system.
The Parry Sound & Area Food Charter represents our communities’ voices, values, and priorities for a healthy and sustainable food system. This charter will guide the development of food-related initiatives and policies within communities and organizations, and at the local government level.
We envision communities where residents, businesses, and governments collaborate to foster a localized and sustainable food system with equal access to nutritious, safe food. To achieve our vision we will:
1) Create Economic Opportunities
2) Promote Education and Skill-Building
3) Maintain a Healthy Ecosystem
4) Foster Residents’ Health and Well-Being
5) Support Equal Access Opportunities
6) Celebrate Culture and Collaboration